Sunday, October 19, 2008

Forget the Interior...How About Exterior Design?

~♥~ Quickie Post ~♥~

Neuroses notwithstanding, it is the goal of every artist to produce something people will genuinely appreciate. I am totally artistically insecure, having been raised on the premise that art is not a "real" profession but a hobby, plus I've only recently emerged from the creative closet (er, so to speak).

I tend to assume the worst of ambiguous comments like, "Wow, that's really something!" or "My, how unusual!" Considering I have used those very words when confronted with something unexpected that requires immediate feedback (like maybe a nose ring or hot pink hair), it's not much of a stretch to think those phrases can be used against you in return.

So how can you tell when someone reaaalllly loves your stuff? When they purchase a piece of your work and use it for exterior design, of course:



Imagine my surprise when one of my customers, Shannon (who did tell me a whole bunch of times how much she loved this sketch), said she wanted to use "Mama N me" [shown left] for her tattoo [on the right]. It was done in memory of the baby girl she lost, and other than changing it to color I'd have to say her tattooist (is that even a word?) did a great job ~ wow! So, I'm thinking I can safely say that Shannon (for sure :o) likes my work...

If you'd like to visit Shannon's shop, she has some lovely pieces of handmade jewelry at:

Http://www.PeaceofMind.Etsy.com

Oh, and thanks for the "impossible to misconstrue" compliment Shannon; we who are ridiculously insecure salute you :o)

7 comments:

Whimsical Creations said...

That is so cool! I love that sketch, too.

Andrea Baker said...

That really is the ultimate compliment. And what a sweet way to remember her baby. Its a beautiful sketch!

Klymyshyn Design said...

Okay, that me me cry!

New England Quilter said...

What an amazing story!

Cindys Creative Crochet said...

That is sooo amazing! made my heart squeeze me a little.

pinkpatrice said...

Letting you know you've been tagged! Check it out at www.pinkpatrice.blogspot.com

pinkpatrice said...

ooops! the correct address is pinkpatriceboutique.blogspot.com